These pages are all about book reviews. Yay!
For Readers: Click on the links to see my book reviews. Anything in the 3 Star category is going to be good and comes recommended; if you want writing excellence and a great story be sure to check out the 4 Star category.
THE REVIEWS (Click on the relevant star rating)
For Writers: If you are a writer (Traditionally Published or Indie) and would like me to review your book, please note the following:
- My main genres of interest are: Classics; Steampunk; anything linked to Sherlock; anything linked to Dr Who; Erotic Romance; anything odd or quirky, especially if it involves mental illness or intelligent plot twists; Science Fiction; Fantasy.
- I will review other romance genres (paranormal especially) but try to steer clear of old fashioned Mills and Boon type stories.
- The best thing to do is just ask me – I am not a big fan of horror, for example, but I could be persuaded 😉
- I prefer electronic books (much easier for me and you) and use an ipad with the kindle app. Kindle files and pdf files are usually fine. If you want me to review your book, send me a message to this email address (broken up so spam bots ignore it) anitabookreviews at gmail.com
- I already have a backlog of books as I advertise my reviews on Twitter. I will review your book as soon as I can, so please try not to chase me up after a few days.
PLEASE NOTE: Regarding review scores, I will mark your book from one to five stars, just like on Amazon and Goodreads.
It is very important to understand that I despise five star reviews with a passion as they are often unrealistic and/or written by friends.
Likewise, I also hate one star reviews as they are often written out of sheer spite or sour grapes.
The highest rating you are ever likely to receive from me is four stars, UNLESS you are the reincarnation of either Fyodor Dostoevsky, Nikolai Gogol, or Leo Tolstoy. IF I ever award a five star score, it will be because your writing made me so excited I stripped naked, running through the streets whilst holding your book aloft and singing its praises.
This means there is always something to aim for, as one day I might go to five 😉
Please also keep in mind that my reviews are just my personal opinion. I am not a professional critic. You may disagree with what I write about your work. You are entitled to comment, but please note I reserve the right to delete any comments that are disruptive to my blog. I don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings, but please don’t hurt mine either 😉